Saturday, June 08, 2002

Finally, I feel fit again. After a lazy morning, I worked out for three hours at the Lighthouse. I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that I'm quite...obsessed with my body. I've worked hard, so I deserve to stare at it for hours upon end. After that, I waited in line at the Raspberries and Cream bakery to pick up Grammy's birthday cake, which looks quite tasty. It's a three-layer cake with strawberry and raspberry filling topped with a creamy icing.

My next indulgence will receive some glares and frowns from most of you. After dropping off the cake at home, I visited L.A. Tan. I know it's unhealthy, but I'm happier when I'm darker. It's the simple things, I guess. Then, John and I went to Wherehouse Music, where I purchsed the Donnie Darko DVD and a used copy of Aerosmith's Greatest Hits, vol. 1. I only wanted to hear "Dream On," and I plan on buying Aerosmith's next "Greatest Hits" edition in July, so I'm guilty of yet another waste of money. As for John, he's a good guy to be around when he's sober. Today I caught him in one of those rare moments (technically his "roadie" -- straight vodka -- on the way to Wherehouse Music made the trip not completely subtance-free). At least I was driving.

It's a beautiful day, so I'm on my way to Lake Hefner for some rollerblading. Tomorrow I have to be at Red Rock at 8 in the morning (I guess that means I'm not going to church -- ha ha), so tonight will be yet another early night. I miss the glamorous days of drugs and drinking until 3 in the morning. That agenda is apparently not in the cards when I'm living with mum and dad. Oh well, my three-year-old twin cousins, Alex and Gabriel, should make for a wild evening in Tulsa.