Sunday, June 09, 2002

Grammy's birthday was a smash hit despite my early innebriation by monster margaritas at Senior Tequila's in Tulsa. Family functions are manageable only with a drink in one hand and an enchilada in the other.

This morning marked my first training shift at Red Rock. I must say that, despite my aching back and burned hands, I love my new job. The staff's infectious enthusiasm won me over quickly. Some things, such as the tendency to say "awesome" after EVERY sentence, wear me out, but these are minor quibbles. The building is situated on the best possible view of Lake Hefner. The servers say "Please" and "Thank you." Teamwork is encouraged. I get 50% meals and drinks. What's not to love?

Jackie and I saw Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood tonight. Not even Maggie Smith's laughable Southern accent could keep me awake. I might be in touch with my feminine side, but I still hate chick flicks and the girls who cry in them (No, Jackie did not cry). All in all, I'm worn out. Tomorrow marks yet another day of training, replete with wine tasting (yay!) and another menu test (boo!). At least I don't have to be in until 10...er...9:45 a.m. Awesome.