I guess in the midst of the controversial Pledge of Allegiance issue, I should make some sort of statement. But why? What would I say that hasn't already been regurgitated and thrown in someone's face? The one thing with which I do take issue is the way in which both sides of the argument act. It's rather base knowledge that every issue has two sides. So for extreme supporters or dissenters to say, "I'm right. There's no other possible way of looking at this," is the most self-righteous display of grandeur-induced stupidity. I don't care if you're Billy Graham or Madame Marie O'Hare, you're not completely right. Both sides bring up valid points (Dammit, those of you who just said, "But they don't" are REALLY pissing me off. Look outside the fucking box). Just like every other never-ending argument (abortion, homosexuality, death penalty), we'll never come to a compromise. Whatever decision is made will piss off a large group of people. Get over it. If we continue saying "Under God," who cares? You think every single oath, song, chant and greet that people utter either out of choice or force is completely impartial and bias-free? On the flip side, if your children aren't allowed to say "Under God," who cares? The Pledge isn't a prayer. Say it in Church until the second coming of Christ if you feel so inclined. Whatever you say, DO NOT say, "I'm right."
<< Home