Mmmmm...dinner at The Metro. Despite what were arguably the worst Club Specials I've ever had (too much salt on the glasses), I have that stomach-stretching feeling of satisfied (aka "fine") dining. I'm quite privy to expensive meals and French cuisine, so dining with my parents and sisters in the Nichols Hills area was a very welcome treat. And I can't say enough good things about the Jory Black Hand wine.
Before dinner, Marni, Ashley and I took our two three-year-old twin cousins, Alex and Gabriel, to the Omniplex. I hadn't visited Oklahoma's premiere science and space museum since 8th grade. I was amazed that very little had changed but it was still as fun as I remembered. The whole thing reminded me of the planetarium in Rebel Without a Cause. But now I'm exhausted and full beyond comfort. So I'll return to the land of housesitting, watch a few episodes of M*A*S*H, and hope that tomorrow I convince myself to work out.
Until then, find your happy place.
<< Home