Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Tricia and I saw Scooby Doo this weekend. As a long-time fan of the show, I was a bit taken aback by the farting contest between Scooby and Shaggy and the whole Scrappy Doo subplot. Let's see who the villain really is: Why it's Bad Writing, the creepy old moron who's been causing a string of similar mishaps throughout Hollywood. And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for the critics.

Today I don't have to work! Although I must admit I love Red Rock. I've even been out drinking with my fellow servers, who are slowly realizing that I have a demented sense of humor. Last night I spoke in my Giovanni Ribisi/Other Sister voice, and some of them chimed in. And I think we all learned a little something about ourselves.

Today I've been naughty. I bought: the Jerry Maguire Special Edition DVD, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Second Season DVD set, and The Avengers: The Complete Emma Peel DVD Megaset. Granted, I don't quite have the funds to pay for these tools of retail therapy, but that's a problem I've learned to put off. And besides...I worked out today for at least 30 minutes. I think these broad shoulders and six-pack abs deserve some kind of reward, don't you?

To counteract the inundation of kitschy pop culture, I watched 8 1/2 today. True film purists recognize Fellini's signature masterpiece as a film best understood on the second or third viewing. Today marks my second, and I must agree that it makes a whole Hell of a lot more sense now than it did in December. For an Italian film from 1963, it offers a surprisingly fresh look at filmmaking and the blocks that interrupt the creative process of an artist. Perhaps within the film lies the reason why I haven't posted anything interesting in so long.

GRAMMAR ALERT: A recent issue of "US Weekly" reads: "Who Is Sneaking Off With Who." That shit got printed on the cover! I don't have a job, but some bitch/prick in New York doesn't know the difference between "who" and "whom" and is allowed to tarnish the credibility of an entire publication? And they say MU's School of Journalism is overrated. Ha!