Ah, holiday. Today I treated myself to a Winchell's big daddy (i.e. a donut that looks like it's from Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Then I watched an episode of Buffy. To top off the day, I lounged poolside at Marni's while she and Jay are out of town. I listened to "Hotel California" on repeat and watched my stomach get really tan while my arms got kind of tan. I was baffled. Happy and tan, but baffled. I know all the warnings about UV rays and skin cancer, but I love being tan. It's not that I think people are only attractive when tan; it's that I feel like I live somewhere other than Oklahoma.
Tonight I work. However, that means I'll get a great view of the Lake Hefner fireworks. I'm not complaining, especially because I haven't worked since last Friday. I need the money.
To all of my friends scattered across the world, have a safe 4th of July.
<< Home