God I'm still bitter about Marci. More than a month later, my wounded ego hasn't healed yet. She's the only girl ever to give me the kiss-off, and she'll be the last. But, oh, how I miss her. I miss talking to her, I miss looking at her, I miss her smell, I miss her voice, I miss her laugh, I miss other things, I miss her. We won't talk again because I'm too proud to go back to her after the way she treated me. I know a lot of people didn't understand our relationship, but it wasn't about other people. Yeah, I told a few lies to protect her. And, yes, those lies got back to close friends of mine. But I don't regret it. The whole experience, as sad as it now seems, was worth it. I just hope the next girl I date isn't as fucked up as she is. She has a long way to go before she'll ever be genuinely happy.
<< Home