Monday, July 01, 2002

I know that, being a movie fanatic, I've recommended thousands of movies with the tag, "You have to see it." All those excited suggestions pale in comparison to my favorite movie of the day, 1968's The Lion in Winter. Focusing on the relationship of King Henry (Peter O'Toole) and Elinore (Katharine Hepburn), the film sets the stage for the succession of royalty that pits Henry's three sons (one played by Anthony Hopkins in his first role) against one another. The cause celebre of the film is its scathing dialogue, drenched in black humor and sarcasm. I promise you'll love it. You have to see it.

Jackie and I are dining at Red Rock tonight. I've been craving their fire-roasted rotisserie chicken since, well, I started working there. I am going to enjoy my discount, and no one can take that away from me because I deserve it. I worked out for two hours today. My meaty pecs deserve some more meat.

We've had a celebrity sign my guestbook! Tonya Cooley, my personal favorite Real Worlder, signed the guestbook. Yes, I'm sure it was her. I swear.