Monday, July 22, 2002

On this penultimate day off, I worked out, laid out and walked down memory lane. While dad was trying to find some old VHS tapes of Bailey, he stumbled upon a tape with my high school pep assemblies and senior skits (as well as various Cross Country meets and Chorus shows, but I digress for obvious reasons). I guess I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for high school. I had too much fun to overlook it. I would, without hesitation, relive it in an instant, even if I couldn't do anything differently.

I watched North by Northwest tonight. If you remain a dissenter of Hitchcock, and you think his influence is rather innocuous, you should see this film. Not only did every single American director borrow a hodge podge of elements for the thriller genre, but James Bond's roots are rather firmly planted in the movie, as well.

And on that note, I've rediscovered Journey. Reliving teenage angst goes hand-in-hand with "Open Arms," "Faithfully," "Don't Stop Believing" and "I'll Be Alright [sic] Without You." Few CDs really define a period of my life, but Journey's Greatest Hits is my 8th grade year. Long live Steve Perry.