Monday, July 29, 2002

This weekend, mom and dad sojourned to Omaha to pick up Sami, a two-year-old chocolate lab retriever (i.e. Bailey's replacement). She's a brilliant dog. She was trained by the Narcotics unit (didn't make the final cut because of her hyper personality) and does all sorts of tricks. We went jogging today and, to my delight, she's designated me as her "master." However, I haven't forgotten Bailey. It's kind of like that Flintstones episode in which they trade Dino for a smarter, younger dog (er...dinosaur) who can do more tricks. They eventually want their old Dino back.

In other news, I'm addicted to KaZaA. Today I downloaded 45 songs (ranging from "Pour Some Sugar On Me" to "Leaving on a Jet Plane") and made three CDs. The thrill of filesharing is back.

Finally, I have a question. A married girl from work (a HOT married girl from work) asked me to go rollerblading tomorrow on our day off. Just the two of us. And last night at work we shared the following exchange (I know I say this a lot, but I am not making this up...):
GIRL: God, I am so hot.
ME: I know, I don't think the air conditioner is working.
GIRL: No, I mean, I'm about to...start. And my husband just isn't doing it for me.
ME: I know, I don't think the air conditioner is working. I have to go polish silverware.

What do women want? There are a few ways of interpreting this brief exchange. But it made me feel kinda funny...like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.