Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Ah, my beloved Tuesday, free from work. I started the morning by venturing to Target to purchase The Simpsons DVD set. At Target, I discovered that Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring was on sale for $16.99. Imagine my anger after preordering the same DVD for six dollars more from Suncoast. I hate Suncoast. The employees have the customer service skills of a blind leper. I grudginly went there, picked up my copy and muttered something about poor service and ridiculous prices as I left. I'm sure my stoicism in the face of sky high prices was dually noted.

After some splurging, I had my teeth cleaned. I'm sure most of you hate the dentist, but I find comfort in letting someone thoroughly clean my pearly whites. My dentist said I should floss twice a day (another thing you all might not know about me is that I must floss every night) to prevent predontal disease. Despite that, I still enjoyed my visit. Except for the scraping. That makes me want to scratch something.

Tonight I saw Signs with Mom and Dad. Although M. Night Shyamalan peaked with The Sixth Sense (it's not overrated - I don't care what you say), Signs exemplified the Newsweek claim that he is the next Spielberg. How many in Hollywood can claim to write, direct, produce and have a supporting role in a better-than-good movie?

And now for the good, keep-your-fingers-crossed news. Kimberley, a fellow MU grad who works at the Hollywood Reporter in Los Angeles, informed me of a job opening in the copy editing department. I'd work at night, leaving my days free for sleep/acting classes and auditions. I won't get my hopes up, but I really want the job. So if you pray or think happy thoughts for people, please keep me in your whatevers.