Sunday, August 25, 2002

And so last night I went out with Amanda, Louis, Jeremy, Ben and Nilsa. After running into/snubbing the people I worked with two years ago at 501 Ranch, we tried for thirty minutes to find "party favors," but to no avail. So we settled for going back to Amanda's and drinking Grey Goose straight up. I was bored, didn't feel attractive, and just wanted to read. I finally left at 4:00. Candice called this morning and asked me to go to church with her. Ironically, I jumped at the chance. During the sermon I had visions of spiraling into a world of sex, drugs, and prostitutes in Los Angeles, and the idea has stayed with me through the day. However, the last thing I want to be is one more beautiful junkie in L.A. talking about my big break.

Candice and I ran into a friend at brunch who was telling us about a horrible car wreck and how some girl from high school is near death. I don't even think I sounded convincing when I said, "Oh no, that's horrible." I really didn't care. I just wanted to go home and sleep.

Song of the Day
"Deep Blue Day" by Brian Eno