Cartoon Network is giving G.I. Joe a trial run late at night until the end of August to determine whether or not they will make it a part of their permanent lineup. After watching an episode the other night, I've given into the joy of reliving my 80's boyhood. My vast, overpriced VHS collection includes every episode of He-Man, Thundercats, Silverhawks and (perhaps less masculine) Rags to Riches. God, I had such a crush on (most of) the Rags to Riches girls. Especially Diane. I also had a crush on Margeaux (Ami Foster) from Punky Brewster. I really was fortunate to grow up in a decade of pop culture milestones. Years from now I can tell my grandchildren that I saw The Goonies in the theater. I can also recollect the NBC Saturday morning public service announcements entitled "One to Grown On." Remember the one with the kid from Silver Spoons (Miles? The one with the headgear) tellings children to clean up after their pets after he stepped in dog doo? Just thinking about it makes me want to eat a Big Stuf Oreo, drink Tang and curl up with My Buddy in my Ewok sleeping bag.
And knowing is half the battle.
<< Home