I went to Norman tonight to visit Tricia. Of all my friends, Tricia is by far the most comforting. I don't even have to explain to her what mood I'm in; she already knows and she knows exactly what to say. We had fun walking around OU and reminiscing about her trip to Mizzou. We looked at pictures and videos from our day in Kansas City and our escapades around Columbia.
I truly love Norman. It's far more affluent and entertaining than Columbia. That said, I still wouldn't give up my years at MU (and I say that against some serious "what if" factors). For some, OU is a wise choice and a great fit. For me, it would have been the easy way out of making my own decisions. I would have joined a fraternity; I would have kept the same friends from high school; I would have worked in a high-paying job in OKC through a friend of the family. I might not have loved every minute of Mizzou, but I made some great friends (if you're reading this web log, I'm talking about you), and I learned to live on my own.
So there. Yet another banal, rambling post out of sentimentality. I want my bitterness and narcissism back.
<< Home