Tuesday, August 27, 2002

I'm going to L.A. in a few weeks to have my headshot taken and check on the status of the guest house in which I will be living (rent free) in the Brentwood area. The man who owns the house is a friend of my dad's, and he's having a kitchenette put in the guest room.

I think heading west will boost my spirits. Each day I oscillate between unrealistic excitement and intense dread when my thoughts turn to Hollywood. No matter how I feel when I'm ready to leave, I'm going. I've thought and planned for far too long to let go when I have second thoughts. I adapted to college in a matter of days. I'm sure acclimating myself to California won't take much longer, especially after I've developed a feel for the area and the people. Even if I fail miserably in L.A., I'll be prepared to pack up and move wherever I want whenever I want. Real world, be damned!