Tuesday, August 13, 2002

The rain is pouring furiously today, which means today is a day to watch The Simpsons. In celebration of nothing in particular, I've deemed today Ralph Wiggum Day. What's sad is that, in all seriousness, I can have a horrible day at work or a fight with my parents, and the thought that Ralph Wiggum exists permanently on VHS and DVD gives me comfort. Whether he's eating a crayon or talking about his leprechaun, I know I can count on Ralph to combat the drudgery of Oklahoma City. I choo-choo-choose Ralph.

For the record, my posts about my sister Ashley are usually unfair. She's a sweet-natured and thoughtful girl who's gone through so much more than anyone I know. She's been dealt another unfair hand, and I can't help but feel like a bastard for picking on her so often.

Song of the Day
"Country Road" by James Taylor