Friday, August 09, 2002

Sign me up for Betty Ford, because I love being drunk. No, I'm not one of those, "HEY, DUDE, I'M DRUNK" people. I just feel funnier and more attractive when I've had a few in me. Tonight at work, for instance, was a horrible night. I made a lot of money, but I still have my pride. All my tables were full of intolerable drunks who, while tipping well, still made matters difficult. After work, however, we all headed to Bahama Breeze. I had my usual Malibu Rum and Coke as well as a few gin and tonics. Now I am in my happy place. I don't have to think about school, I don't have to pay rent. I won't think about Marci. Instead, I'll think about how great life is when it's simple. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll become restless for something more challenging. But for now, I am content.