My self-perpetuated high school angst has long since subsided. I like to think that, with few exceptions (cough cough Molly cough cough), I am on friendly terms with everyone from my graduating class (class size: 65, thanks to private school "standards"). However, I'm only on e-mail terms with one or two people. So imagine my surprise when Emily Sue (not Emily, not Sue...Emily Sue) e-mailed me her new address and phone number in Austin, along with a verbose life update? Granted, she sent it to five other people, but I was still a bit...
....what's the word...
....surprised to hear from her? We were always on pleasant terms, but we were by no means close friends. I fear this means a future relationship full of one-word e-mails and looooooong forwards about God, puppies, and that poor little girl with cancer in Tucumcari.
As only Emily Sue would say, "Oh...mah...gah."
<< Home