Someone please save me from my new addiction. I can't stop watching 24. About very few purchases can I say this, but the first season box set has revolutionized my life. In one week, I've seen episodes 1-14, as well as repeat showings of 1-5 for my now-addicted parents. I feel sorry for the people who watched it first hand and didn't have the luxury of watching the next episode immediately. Today, for instance, I watched five episodes, and I plan on watching one more before I go to sleep.
The show's profound psychological effect on me is uncanny. First of all, I feel so much cooler typing on my laptop. I occasionally glimpse up (albeit at the wall) suspiciously to pretend I'm a double agent hacking into important files. Second, I now drive like a Serbian assassin (most of you will argue I drove in a similar manner before watching the show). Finally, I now envision my life in a series of multiple angles with dramatic music as I race against the clock to...to...to watch TV and eat Oreos. Fine, I might not be Jack Bauer, but 24 has put the fun back in pretending I'm a secret agent.
<< Home