Today is going to be euphoric because I've meticulously planned my first Saturday off in a month. Because I got in at 4 a.m. last night, I'm going back to sleep shortly. Once I wake up, I'm going for a long, soothing jog in this serendipitously pleasant autumn weather. Then I'm going to buy the perfect gift for my perfect little nephew: a baseball bat with his name on it. For dinner, I'm taking mom to Red Rock (with a dual purpose: to give mom an early birthday present and to stuff myself with the succulent New York strip). Finally, Jackie and I are either going to or staying in to watch a movie. If we stay in, I'm set on showing her Donnie Darko. If we go out, we'll see anything but The Banger Sisters. As much as I'd love to allow for spontaneity, nothing gives me greater pleasure than planning the perfect day.
Song of the Day
"Waterfall" by The Stone Roses
<< Home