Fine. I am still her unrequited love slave. I call her long after I should have taken the less-than-subtle signs. Each new time I contact her, I think that this will be the time she changes. This will be the time I handle things differently, and she stays with me. But no. So until I can stop comparing every girl I meet to her, I'll tell myself that I'll let it go. I'll pretend to move one. When she crosses my mind, I'll think of something else until that thought inevitably returns to her. I already know from awkward discussions that my interest was always reciprocated. Perhaps if she had displayed it as pathetically as I did (am), I would have lost interest a long time ago.
I just hope I think of something else when I'm in Columbia tomorrow.
Oh, and P.S. - After sending out my resume to all sorts of magazines, I'm thrilled to say I'm still sticking with the Hollywood dream.
<< Home