Wednesday, October 02, 2002

In further efforts to determine my future, I've sent out a multitide of resumes to every publication from JANE to Customer Service Monthly. Every position for which I applied is located in New York City. I'll be kissing Mizzou ass right and left to find both housing and employment should any of my cold call e-mails lead to an interview.

As for my long-fabeled Hollywood career, I'm growing more and more disillusioned. Not to say my interest isn't still baited. We'll just have to see. In the mean time, feast your eyes on this caustic comment on the Tinsletown machine from the film The Cat's Meow:

"The California curse strikes you like a disease the minute you set foot in Hollywood. This place you've arrived in, this place we call 'home,' isn't a place at all, but a living creature...more precisely, an evil wizard. This wizard is able to banish the true personalities of those he bewitches, forcing them against their will to carry out his command, to forget the land of their birth, the purpose of their journey and whatever principles they once held dear. The curse is taking hold of you if you experience the following: You see yourself as the most important person in any room; You accept money as the strongest force in nature; And finally,your morality vanishes without a trace."

Song of the Day
"Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners