Tuesday, October 01, 2002

My perception of healthy has changed since I moved back home. I used to think that working out and running would constitute a fit lifestyle no matter what I ate, what I drank, when I woke up, and when I went to bed. No more! I'm tired of being a slave to the same boring, pragmatic work out routines. Instead of lifting weights four or fives times a week (which, admittedly, I hate), I'll swim laps, run (outside instead of on an indoor track) and use cardiovascular machines at the gym. From now on, I'd rather be healthy because of how it feels instead of how it looks. That said, I've also (temporarily) given up drinking and eating whatever I want. Both are also tied to my never-ending cycle of debt.

I guess I'm just tired of living in the same old comfort zones. I forget that when my life becomes too comfortable, too tidy and too predictable, I go stark raving mad. I thought that moving away from college would help, but I'm slowly realizing that it's all about lifestyle. The past few weeks have been spiritually enlightening (to say the least; and yes, I realize that I sound like a new age poonghie). I'm ready to take a different approach to life. Fitter...happier...comfortable...not drinking too much....