Tuesday, November 05, 2002

I must admit a certain amount of pleasure is derived from locking myself in my room, lighting incense and listening to any number of Pink Floyd albums. Today's mood fits The Wall, particularly "Goodbye Blue Sky." I've always been a mild fan of Pink Floyd, but Christie's newfound interest piqued mine, and I downloaded nine of their albums today (Yes, I could have purchased them, but I'm resolved to save money). As most diehard fans will tell you, the albums require repeat listenings to garner a true appreciation, but all I needed was one lonely night back in Columbia to turn me on to Dark Side of the Moon. Their music probably wouldn't fare well at a party (unless partnered with hallucinogenics), but for occasional fits of isolation, there is unarguably no better music.

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."