I'm so fucking sick of my non-single friends rubbing it in my face, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Granted, by non-single friends, I mean two specific friends. They're both really interested in these great girls and I just want them to shut the fuck up. One in particular called today because it's his girlfriend's birthday and he wanted to know about the merits of Red Rock. For some inexplicable reason, I derived an insane amount of happiness from being a complete asshole. The exchange went as follows:
Friend: Hey, what's up Chase?
Me: Hi.
Friend: I've got a question for you.
Me:
Friend:: Hello?
Me: Yeah?
Friend: Uhm, ok, well does Red Rock take reservations.
Me: No.
Friend: So we can just walk in?
Me: Yep.
Friend: Too bad you don't work tonight. Any particular server I should ask for?
Me: Nope.
Friend: Uhm, ok, well, uh, I was also calling to see how things are going.
Me: Fine.
Friend: Well, ok, I guess I'll talk to you later?
Me: Click.
I probably didn't need to post the entire conversation, but between ignoring my parents and stewing in my own hatred, it was the highlight of my day.
<< Home