Wednesday, November 13, 2002

My freshman dorm experience in Donnelly was less-than-comfortable. The dorm, which resembles a concentration camp compound, provided all the amenities of a cold cellar. So, imagine my frustration when I read the following news from the MU Alumni Association:

MU recently broke ground at the site of the future Virginia Avenue Housing and Dining Group. The $42 million project will feature a 400- to 500-seat dining hall and 720 beds in four residence halls. Floors will be divided into single rooms, single and double semi-suite rooms and double suite rooms. The facility also will have seminar rooms, computer labs, laundry facilities, offices and two staff apartments. The facility is expected to be in use by fall semester 2004.

Do these bastards realize the harm and anger that could have been prevented had single rooms been available when I was a freshman? I roomed with every thug and manic depressive until, well, I moved into a double and made it a single.