Saturday, November 16, 2002

My parents and I are friends again. And I love my wonderful Honda Accord. Los Angeles now seems a lot less intimidating knowing that I'll have my parents' support (even if not financially; and let's face it..we know they're going to pay for a lot of stuff that I should). I could leave when I'm not on speaking terms with most friends; I couldn't realistically leave if I weren't speaking to my parents.

However, not everything is sunny just yet. First, I've got the aforementioned friend to whom I was less than friendly in light of his inability to speak of anything except "Jill." Second, I've got yet another crappy friend who, after promising to came to Oklahoma City and hang out (in light of the fact that I didn't have a car at the time), ditched me for a chick. I don't blame other guys for being infatuated and alienating people because of it (Marci?). However, I do tire of some friendships being a one-way effort. If you're not even going to call when you know I've had a shitty week, then don't wonder why I'm an asshole when we meet. In life I've found that, with a few wonderful exceptions (those of you who read this), most friendships are superfluous and shallow. And I'd rather be lonely than surrounded by a bunch of people who really don't care.

On a lighter note, I've got a serious penchant for cheesy music today. Unabashedly, the
Song of the Day is
"Tempted" by Squeeze