Thursday, December 26, 2002

It's true. Gangs of New York is the best film of the year. Call it empty if you want, but it remains far more compelling than most of the tripe released in the last 10 years. However, despite the lackluster reputation of modern films, I'm still excited to see a few movies when I return from Colorado. On my to-see list is Adaptation, Chicago, About Schmidt and The Hours. I would add all of the award-winning foreign films to my list, but they have about as likely a chance of arriving in Oklahoma City as Anna Nicole Smith does for curing cancer.

Tomorrow I leave for the ski trip. I'm excited about leaving Oklahoma, not working, seeing Deborah and skiing (did I mention I'm a great skiier? I didnt? Well..). I'm not excited about spending money, sharing a bathroom, and hanging out with the happy couple.

Expect a full update upon my return. Until then, see you next year.