Monday, January 27, 2003

I finally caught up on sleep after a peaceful weekend. Friday night I worked and earned my third $100 tip in my brief history of waiting tables. So for the first time in a long time I made a nice chunk of change, which now rests untouched in my savings account.

I had Saturday night off, so I went over to Tulsa to visit my grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousins, etc. I took my cousin to see Disney's The Lion King at the IMAX, which was even more impressive than I remembered. That night, "Grammy" made a delicious dinner of pork roast and twiced-baked potatoes. She and I watched Bringing Up Baby, an old screwball comedy starring Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant. After that, I got caught up on my reading (the first chapter of The Sound and the Fury is a trial, to say the least).

Yesterday consisted of an expensive lunch at Red Rock, my second (reluctant) viewing of Chicago with Candice, spending $100 at Gap, going to a Red Rock Super Bowl party and then seeing Confessions of a Dangerous Mind with Melinda. I know I shouldn't have written my top ten movie list without having seen Confessions, but I figured I wouldn't be that impressed. I wasn't.

Today I'm going to work out and then avoid this arctic weather by staying inside and watching movies (right now I'm thinking A Clockwork Orange and Office Space). I'd also like to make a dent in Sound and Fury. However, all of that will fall to the wayside when I go into the office at 6.

Song of the Day
"Who Are You" by The Who