Monday, January 20, 2003

Last night after work we went bowling. My scores ranged from the ridiculous (75) to the personally impressive (154). However, by 2 a.m. I was hungry, wreaking of beer, smoke and quarters, and tired. But the party never stops with my co-workers, so I agreed to a late dinner/early breakfast at IHOP. When I got home, I watched the pre-recorded Golden Globes (after a long, hot shower). And here are my thoughts on the 2003 Golden Globes ceremony:

-Parker Posey looked beautiful.
-Even though Sharon Stone plays a low-class hooker in her next film, she shouldn't have come in character. And could she have been more desperate to move in on Richard Gere's and Bono's respective wins?
-How ironic that Goldie Hawn lost in the Best Actress category to Renee Zellweger (because Goldie was originally supposed to play Roxie in Chicago until the producers woke up and realized that Hawn is an old, ditzy hag with enough botox to make Calista Flockhart look like Mama Cass).
-Richard Gere...shut up.
-Bono said the f-word. And some critics say U2 has lost its creative flare.
-Kim Cattrall...it's a Golden Globe, not a Pullitzer.
-If you want to make a celebrity cry, just pay him/her a compliment.
-Why was Yul Brynner accepting an award for Michael Chiklis?
-In an attempt to out-weird Bjork, Laura Flynn Boyle donned a pretty pink tutu. That's nice.