Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Yesterday I put my Best Buy gift card to good use. I'm now the proud owner of:
1) Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Third Season
2) The Good Girl
3) Signs

Last night I saw About Schmidt with Tricia and Anthony. Although the film is a bit (intentionally) bleak and slow, I found myself oddly moved in parts. Jack Nicholson's performance was against type, and his critical acclaim is rightly due. Kathy Bates also gave a memorable (albeit partially nude) performance that deserves, uhm, something.

Why is it that I have no problem getting girls to like me, except for the girls I like? Any time I display the slightest amount of interest in a girl I like, she runs the other way. However, I engage in a conversation with a girl I like as a friend who likes me as, well, more...and she thinks we're connected and in love?! I can't count the times I've heard the "I-know-you-better-than-you-know-yourself" line from some girl whose name I couldn't even remember. Instead, I seem to fall for the girl who can't seem to remember my name.

Here's to priesthood and celibacy.