After years of avoiding them, I finally caved and bought a pair of contact lenses (yes, prescription lenses, no one wears these for fun). Although I loathe putting them in and taking them out (touching my eyes is a bit too Clockwork Orange for me), the improvement in vision is near-miraculous.
Kurt Vonnegut is a sometimes boring, often amusing and insightful public speaker. Unfortunately, his insights into writing were brief, and his tangents about war and President Bush lacked brevity. One piece of interesting news for his avid fans is that, despite his pledge to never write again, he is working on a new novel. And, judging from the excerpts he read, it approaches the pinnacle of his dark humor established in Slaughterhouse Five.
Now: the issue with most prevalence right now is whether I should stay home and sleep or take advantage of a free ticket to see Frida before work. Decisions, decisions.
<< Home