While most of my junior high friends were going through a Nirvana phase in 1993, I went through a Brady Bunch phase. I taped every one of the 117 episodes in order, spent an obscene amount of money on circa 1970's collectibles (board games, trading cards, records, the lunch box, paperbacks and miscellaneous), and I created my own Brady fanzine, which you will only see over my cold, dead body.
For the first time in four years, I watched an episode today. And although I find it much more difficult to watch on account of its saccharine cheesiness and implausibility, I still get a kick out the white-breaded squeaky cleanliness of the kids. Thus I present to you my unabashed list of Brady Bunch favorites:
Favorite...
...Brady: Marcia
...Original Brady Song: "Merry-Go-Round"
...Brady Cover Song: "Love Me Do" (It's God awful)
...Episode:: "Juliet Is the Sun," in which Marcia develops an ego after landing the role of Juliet in Fillmore Junior High's production of Romeo and Juliet
...Brady Vacation: Hawaii
...Brady quote: "Jan, if boys don't find you attractive, don't blame it on me." - Marcia
...Brady Guest Star: Davy Jones, as Davy Jones
You laugh now, but according to Bradyworld, the collectibles I own total a whopping $1700 in collector value. And I'm not selling a damned one of them, you Partridge Family loving swine.
<< Home