Sunday, March 09, 2003

What a difference a few days can make. Although I'm still quite somber about my friend being deployed to the war, my life is not without its joys. First of all, I have found a place to live in L.A., and the official date of departure is April 2. I've been making ridiculously good money at work lately, so I'd like a few more weeks of that nice cash flow before I become destitute.

And the topic of destitution leads me to the the topic of my digs in Los Angeles. The suburb of Reseda, while being quite sleazy and nowhere near as nice as Brentwood, is minutes away from both the 405 and the 101. Also, instead of living in a one-room garage apartment, I'll be living in a three-bedroom house with...get ready for this...air conditioning AND a swimming pool. How did I land this great deal? One of my friends from high school, who has achieved a credible level of success in the film industry, just purchased the house and is looking for a roommate. The downside? Rent will be quite expensive (for me, not for L.A.).

Oh, and adding to the mix of good news and pleasure...I am completely and totally obsessed and in love. As usual, it's not reciprocated...yet.

On a different note, I enjoy Sheryl Crow's contributions to the "Picture" duet, but Kid Rock sings like the third grade no-talent bully who was forced to sing a solo in the spring show.