Oh Hell, everyone else is posting about American Idol, so here's my opinion (I won't pretend to be so reluctant about mentioning the show on my blog: my hits have tripled since I started expressing my devotion to the show):
I couldn't be more pleased about Corey Clark's expulsion from the competition. He always reminded me of Tito, the grating Chihuahua from Disney's Oliver and Company (with a little bit of dishonest rat thrown in for bad measure). However, last night's revelation that no one would be going home this week was a bit too cheerful for me. In fact, the whole scene was straight out of a Brady Bunch episode. It's just that I don't recall the episode in which Marcia robbed Old Navy and was still allowed to go on the family ski trip...
...which, in lament's terms, means, "Why the Hell is Trenyce still in the competition?" In Corey's (thin) defense, he's at least pleading not-guilty to the charge of physical abuse. Trenyce has the photos (thanks, Clare) to prove that she's guilty of felony theft. However, as per her justified placement in last night's bottom three, she'll be trading her pipes for a bulky jacket and baseball cap in the near future.
Speaking of upcoming cuts, Carmen Rasmusen has made a sacrifice to the god of the Mormons to keep her place on the show. Carmen, who has the bumpy voice of a nervous karaoke participant on a turbulent airline flight, should have been sent home before Hell-raising hairdresser Julia DeMato. Once Carmen is cut, the two can record a demo full of yodeling and warbeling. Zoo animals will love it.
Now instead of going down the list of who else should have been cut last night (I'm saluting Josh in that category), I'll express my devotion to the talents of Kimberley Locke and Kimberly Caldwell. How Locke ever made it into the bottom three is an apocalyptic mystery, and although some of you assume Caldwell has no talent, she's the "most attractive" (P.C. terms only on my blog) of the ladies. And I happen to like/lust after her smoky voice.
But no, I'm sure Clay "No-I'm-not-obsessed-with-Ryan-Seacrest" Aiken or Ruben "It's-called-variety-in-the-wardrobe-so-look-into-it" Studdard will win. And if that's the case, then the fate of the show is on my shoulders in the third season.
<< Home