Thursday, May 29, 2003

Filling the great void

The absence of my Tuesday night television ritual will most likely be filled by Real World Paris, loathe as I am to admit it. But I remain skeptical. I was turned off by Real World Vegas after only two episodes. And now they've released the entire season on DVD? Nevermind that. As Lyndsay and I discussed, overseas Real World casts are generally boring (granted, only one season thus far was filmed overseas). But when the highlight of a season is someone's tongue being bitten off, that's not saying much. This new season will no doubt make me long for the days of Chicago (Tonya, Tonya, Tonya...You fill my heart with such joyous venom as the saline that fills your immaculately perky ta-tas).

With only two and half hours until I go to work, I'm grateful for a well-earned two days off.
During my break, I:
-saw Bruce Almighty, a film as overrated as it is mawkish and sappy
-bought new sunglasses, shampoo and conditioner
-worked out for five hours (my entire body aches)
-discovered that Structure/Express has a lot of clothes that appeal to my taste ($350 worth, to be exact)
-journeyed to UCO to enroll in a summer acting class, only to discover that part of me misses college (in general, not specifically)
-marveled at how good I look in my UCO student ID picture
-decided that I will never be a journalist
-went on a date with an 18-year-old, only to find that I prefer women of age and intelligence to women of extremely skinny waists and, uhm, nice other things
-re-read The World According to Garp

Now if I can only make it through work to karaoke. Whoa. All this talk about shampoo, MTV, working out and karaoke has me slightly embarrassed. I feel like I need to go beat up someone, drink a beer or score a touchdown. You know, something intentionally masculine.