I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are
The song Suite: Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby Stills Nash and Young represents many phases of my life. The song, written by Stills in reference to his love for actress Judy Collins (and the fact that she eventually left him), has a haunting middle part that reasonates with my need to leave.
Friday evening, Sunday in the afternoon
What have you got to lose?
Tuesday morning, please be gone I'm tired of you
What have you got to lose?
Can I tell it like it, and listen to my baby
It's my heart that's suffering
And that's what I have to lose...
I've got an answer, I'm going to fly away
What have I got to lose?
Will you come see me, Thursdays and Saturdays?
What have you got to lose?
I know that song lyrics don't make for an exciting post, and that they're relatively useless unless you can hear the actual music in your head, but if a song better conveys my mood than my own words, then...well, good.
<< Home