A Mighty Wind blew into town today, and I am counting the hours until I see it. And after the absolutely horrific night I had at work last night, I deserve to laugh. I won't bore you with the details. But to make long story short, four servers are required to make the patio run smoothly. In lieu of the inclement weather (i.e. threat of tornado attacks), our manager decided to shut down the patio. And sent home two of the four servers. Then he decided to keep it open with two of us. Approximately 20 tables are on the patio. Even the most adept server (such as myself) knows that 10 tables is too much for one person in a restaurant such as ours. But there I was, having my ass handed to me by pretty much every table. My co-worker fared even worse: two of his tables left without paying. Our night was salvaged, however, by one of our regulars. He came in and spent an easy $400 and left an appropriate tip.
Although I am so tired that I can't sleep, today will wonderful. I don't have to work tonight. I have been listening to one of my favorite 80's songs over and over (Wishing Well by Terence Trent D'Arby). And, best of all, I don't have to do a damned thing today except watch The Simpsons and M*A*S*H.
<< Home