Sunday, May 25, 2003

Overworked, undersexed and in the money

In an effort to both help my sister and earn more money, I picked up her shifts at the clinic on Thursday and Friday despite the fact that I also had to work at the restaurant both nights. And in light of the recent lack of sleep, this post might lack coherence (even by my usual standards).

I loved my two days at the clinic. My only responsibilities were answering the phones and scheduling appointments. And my sister's employers are two of the most contagiously fun-loving people I've ever met. They invited me to a Jimmy Buffet-themed birthday party in June, and I must say that it is thus far the highlight of next month (including my lackluster 24th birthday...yuck).

As for my other job, well...I would be a fool to complain in light of the money I made last night. Although it is certainly the anomaly of my tips, everyone was feeling generous last night. Some tips bordered on ridiculously generous (like I'd refuse them). This makes tonight's "charity" shift seem extremely pointless, but I'll take advantage of any reason to get out of the house.

Speaking of getting out of the house, I'll be heading back to Missouri over the Fourth of July weekend for Eve's wedding in St. Louis. In light of the unpleasant number of MU grads I'm likely to see, I'll attend drunk (I'll never understand why Eve's friends -- such as that nasty bitch who dated our Statistics professor and looked like she'd been raped by Satan -- didn't like me).

Oh well.