Monday, June 02, 2003

The first day of school

In an effort to stave off the boredom of summer, I've enrolled in an acting class at UCO that begins today. Although it only lasts three weeks, I'm thrilled to be doing something that varies slightly from the monotony of my life. And while UCO isn't Juilliard, I'm thrilled to be meeting new people after exactly one year (to the day) of working at the restaurant. So thrilled, in fact, that I slept for three hours last night. I'm going to look like shit run over twice when I get to class. Well, as much as someone like me can look like shit run over twice.

Speaking of education...for some inexplicable reason, a few of the people from my high school class have edited together our most embarrassing videos (from skits, lip syncs, parties, etc) and are getting together tomorrow night to watch them and get drunk. And, for some inexplicable reason, they've invited me as guest of honor. Although when I recall wearing a wifebeater and tighty whities into Target to buy toilet paper or gyrating as Elvis Presley in the homecoming assembly, I guess it's no wonder why. Normally I would shun such a cheesy invitation (due largely to the fact that I am physically unable to watch myself on video pre-1999), but when you're the guest of honor, hey, you're the guest of honor. Consider it my own roast.

Song of the Day
"Baby Hold on to Me" by Eddie Money