"What are you, some kind of bitch?"
I'm rather forthcoming about most of my guilty pleasures, including American Idol and The Real World. And although I've mentioned casually that I watched Melrose Place, most of you are unaware of the degree to which I was a devoted viewer. From the debut in July of 1992 to the horrible series finale in May of 1999, I watched every single episode. I felt for Alison's alcoholism. I waited on pins and needles after Kimberly blew up in the building in the 1995 season finale. I cheered when Brooke (pre-Sex and the City Kristin Davis) died in the Melrose pool. I cried when Sydney was killed on her wedding night. And I cringed as Eve's (Rena Sofer) psychotic tendencies had her dress like a cheerleader at Amanda's faux funeral.
I would be hesitant to give E! credit for anything other than revitalizing careers that were better left dead (Joan and Melissa Rivers, Anna Nicole). However, now that they've put Melrose back in syndication (albeit horribly edited for commercial time), I remain as happy as I was the (first) time Kimberly came back from the dead.
<< Home