Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Old Missouri, fair Missouri...and all that jazz

Even though I'm broke, my MU weekend was well worth it. Highlights include:

-Eating at Shakespeare's twice, including a visit to the new Shakespeare's on the west side of Columbia
-Seeing Nowhere In Africa at Ragtag
-Eating at Sophia's
-Giving the bird to The Grand Cru each time I drove by
-Eve's St. Louis wedding, which took place at the City Museum, the entirety of which is a huge playground
-Getting drunk at Grill One-5
-Getting drunk at Heidelberg
-Getting drunk at Murray's
-Late visit to the Diner after one last 80's night at Shattered
-One last trip to Forum 8 see Legally Blonde 2 and reliving the sights (air hockey) and smells (stale popcorn)

On an entirely different note, Melinda and I are seeing Chicago at Lyric tomorrow night. Playing Velma Kelly is none other than bygone pop icon Debbie Gibson (nee Deborah). Hopefully the lyrics have been changed to encompass her iconclastic recording career.