Thursday, August 21, 2003

And I'm proud to be an American...Idol

I had apparently forgotten that once upon a time (June), when I was still excited about American Idol, I asked for concert tickets for my birthday. Lo and behold, tonight I have the pleasure of seeing Charles, Julia, Rickey, Kimberly, Carmen, Trenyce, Kimberley, Clay and Ruben at the Ford Center. And not only will I sit through their live act, but thanks to a friend who works at the Ford Center, I get to meet the idols afterwards courtesy of a backstage pass, as well. And I'm not the least bit excited. I'd love to tell Julia DeMato that she has the stage presence of first-time karaoke singer. I'd kill to recommend voice lessons to Carmen Rasmusen. And I hope someone stops me from asking Ruben Studdard to kindly refrain from sweating all over me. But no. I'll probably have my picture taken and plead for autographs. Could I stoop any lower?