Fried and terrified
As I blog, Simon, Randy and Paula are in Pasadena determining the fate of thousands of American Idol hopefuls. The next time they hear people sing will be in Houston. Today I have officially changed my song choice about five times. You can scratch the audition possibilities I listed a few days ago because it's become extremely clear that I won't know what song I'm singing until I'm ushered into round one. I met with my high school music teacher a few days ago, and she's trying to encourage me to try out my song in front of, literally, everyone I see. Oh my God. I don't mind singing in front of a group of judges who are expecting me to sing. However, to burst out in song in front of strangers and ask them to tell me I'm good is not my idea of preparation. In short, I'm petrified. Oh, and slightly sunburned.
<< Home