Garth, golden hair or high notes?
I am rather sure about my final three selections. Thanks to everyone for your input. I've gotten rid of Elton John because, after watching last season's auditions again, several guys sang his sangs. I've also eliminated "Larger than Life" because it's a wretched song. So, after much deliberation, I have (probably) decided on:
"Sister Golden Hair Surprise" by America
"We Shall Be Free" by Garth Brooks
"More than Words" by Extreme
Today I sang for my toughest critic, my father. I had my doubts about "More than Words" until he told me it was his favorite despite how severely difficult it is to sing solo. His friend's uncle is a former record producer, and Dad has arranged for me to sing in front of him and get his input.
Also, the official Web site finally released the location of the audition. Although I've never heard of the Minute Maid Stadium, it sounds lovely.
<< Home