Show me a coincidence
Today I worked one of the dreaded brunch shifts. Brunch shifts, among other horrible things, are when new servers are assigned to run food and drinks to get a feel for the restaurant. So today I met Jon, who immediately looked familiar. I recalled his face from a long time ago, and I assumed he used to work at the Varsity, where I was a bus boy the summer before my senior year. Then I did a little sleuthing and looked at his application in the office. No, he never worked at the Varsity. He worked at Shakespeare's Pizza...in Columbia, MO....the same Shakespeare's Pizza at which I earned $5.50/hour to make pizza during my sophomore year of college. I couldn't get over the shock! Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined any of the (no offense) hippies from Shakespeare's working with the snots and twats (as we affectionately call ourselves) at "the Rock." As for Jon, my only memory of him is pissing off the entirety of the females at Shakespeare's. Weird!
Oh, and you're probably wondering about my experience with the kids from American Idol? In a nutshell:
- Trenyce is the friendliest and was by far the best performer of the group.
- Julia DeMato is still a boring no-talent who's equally boring backstage.
- Ditto Kimberly Caldwell, which kind of surprised me.
- Carmen Rasmusen is not only a great performer (I'm serious), but an infectiously cheery person, as well.
- Kimberley Locke is a goddess worthy of worship.
- I paid absolutely no attention to any of the guys.
<< Home