Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Falling into place

Good God I love the fall (or at least the promise of it). I know the crisp weather won't officially start for a few more weeks, but I'm already a happier person knowing that my favorite season is upon us. Fall movies! Fall clothes! Fall weather! Fall season premieres! Sigh.

I'm looking forward to the dinner party at Lyndsay's tonight. I bought an excellent Sauvignon Blanc today on the recommendation of a former bartender from my POE. I'm also looking forward to laughing. God, I haven't laughed at anything remotely funny in eons. Except...

...the other night I had a bizarre dream in which I was at the office at work. I asked another server to bring me a water and he joked, "No, all we have is pink lemonade!" I laughed so hard that I woke myself up, only to realize that the joke made no sense whatsoever.

Clare will be thrilled to know that I finally taped my own personal "Holy Grail" -- the third season opener of Melrose Place in which Kimberly frames Sydney for Michael's attempted murder and the actress who plays Alison's mother gives one of the worst performances I've ever seen (and we're talking about a Spelling show...that's saying a lot). Life is good.