Thursday, January 01, 2004

In my mind I'm goin' to California

Scoff if you will, but in three weeks from Saturday I am moving to Los Angeles. My Dad and I are leaving early that morning with only my car full of my possessions and we're looking for my new pad. I have no idea where I will live, how I will find it, or if it will include roommates, but I know I'm ready. Financially, emotionally and spiritually.

I fully anticipate to blog much more once I'm in L.A. as a practical (and affordable) means of keeping everyone abreast of my exploits in the pursuit of stardom. Expect long tirades about homesickness, my almost-run-ins with celebrities and the drudgery of finding a job and paying expensive rent. Oh and you'll hear about headshots, acting classes, auditions, and the industry.

Actually, I have no idea what you'll hear about. I'm going out there with little-to-no expectations. I don't even know what part of Los Angeles I want to live in! I do know that I'm scared. But I'm even more scared of not trying. So say a prayer and stay tuned, because I am about to reach for the stars and step on the masses.

Song of the Day
"Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra (from the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind trailer)