Good job hunting
I'll admit that I'm not exactly employed just yet. I had been temping right by Universal Studios at a casting office, but the pay won't really suffice for Los Angeles. Over the past two weeks, I've entered every restaurant and deli within a thirty mile radius of Hollywood. I've been told they're not hiring. I've been told that because I was not referred by a current server I couldn't work there. I've been told I'm overqualified. I've been told I don't "sound like a good waiter." Today, however, I heard, "We'd love for you to meet our general manager. Please come back tomorrow for another interview." Praise the Lord and pass the W2.
This particular restaurant (which my newfound fear of googling prohibits me from mentioning by name) is located in Century City, which is essentially the business district of Beverly Hills. Located conveniently on Santa Monica Boulevard, this particular establishment is 1) hiring 2) not run by crazy naziis 3) run by English speakers and 4) not interested in my nude modeling experience. It sounds too good to be true. But we'll see.
In other news, I'm in the process of writing my annual list of the Top Ten best movies of the year. I'm also going to start a new feature we'll call "Celebrity Sightings." The concept, quite simply, entails me informing you of celebrity encounters and sightings. Comprende?
Celebrity Sightings
-David Schwimmer, in line at the Coffee Bean, Beverly Hills
-Jonathan Silverman, buying groceries at Ralph's, Hollywood
<< Home