Okay maybe he's just a little crazy
Tonight before my acting class, one of my fellow students called me. Even though I have known him for fewer than four days, he informed me that, after a fight with his relatives, he's now living in his car and that he really needs a place to stay. I know what you're thinking. There's no way Chase could share a bathroom with someone. Well don't worry, because I was quite...upfront with my dear friend about the odds of that happening.
I can't help but take pity on him despite the fact that I refuse to board him. You see, he just moved here from Texas to pursue his career in stardom. When the topic of SAG came up in casual conversation during class last week, he asked me, "What's SAG?" (If you're reading this and you have no idea what SAG is, don't worry. You shouldn't. But he should) No working actor can work unless he or she is a member of SAG (Screen Actors Guild). Obtaining your card is one of the most arduous processes of beginning an acting career. And I've known about SAG since before I could drive. I can't for the life of me imagine an aspiring actor in this town not knowing about SAG. The fact that I keep rambling on about it should show you that it's quite perplexing to think of an actor so unaware...
Anyway, as he and I were walking into class tonight (after I rejected his proposal to become roommates), he said, "I think I'll be in a major motion picture in a few months from now." Oh God. And I thought I was naive.
<< Home